Do you bleed Blue & Gold? Are you interested in showcasing your Pitt pride to alumni, students, and friends of the University? Then apply to the Blue & Gold Society! Check out some important dates below and contact us with any questions.
Save the Date!
Please refer to the following dates and times for important application deadlines.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 and Monday, January 9, 2017
Blue & Gold Society Information Sessions
Alumni Hall, Suite 140 at 8:45 p.m.
Wednesday, January 18, 2016
Application Due at 10:00 a.m.
January 27 & 28, 2016
Dinner with 12
Monday, February 20, 2017 and Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Alumni Center Conference Room
Chancellor announces the 2016-2017 Blue & Gold Society
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the application come out?
- Monday November 28th
- Where can I find the application?
- Application deadline has passed.
- When is the application due?
- By 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, January 18th
- Where can I find out more about the Blue and Gold Society?
- Our website is a great place to start! www.alumni.pitt.edu. For more information, we will be holding two information sessions on November 15, 2016 and January 16, 2017 at 8:45 p.m. in Alumni Hall. Attend our information sessions to have your questions answered, to meet members of BGS, and to learn about our outstanding organization!
- What does the application process consist of?
- Fill out the application.
- Short essay questions
- One letter of recommendation
- Two references
- Submit application by 10 a.m. on Wednesday, January 18, 2017.
- If selected, come in for a personal interview.
- You will be interviewed by a diverse 10-member committee
- Fill out the application.
- I am a freshman and don’t know any of my professors well enough to ask for a recommendation. Can I ask one of my high school teachers?
- Yes! As a freshman, you are permitted to ask a high school teacher for a recommendation letter.
- Is there a GPA requirement?
- Yes. You must have at least a 3.0 to apply.
- Can I apply as a senior?
- Unfortunately, we cannot consider seniors for the Blue and Gold Society. Although we do begin recruitment at the beginning of the spring semester, inductions do not take place until the end of the school year, and Blue and Gold Society responsibilities begin the following school year.
- Can I apply as a junior?
- Yes! Every year, we accept a select number of exceptional juniors. Special consideration is taken, as the student will only be in Blue and Gold Society for one year.
- What do you mean by references?
- A reference is someone who can vouch for you. Academic advisors, professors, TAs, staff members, or employers are all acceptable references.
- Who do I contact if I have more questions about the Blue & Gold Society recruitment process?
- You can contact our VP of Internal Affairs, at email@example.com