The Pitt Alumni Association Awards program is committed to recognizing outstanding alumni for their hard work and dedication to the university and in their community. There are three distinct programs: the Annual Alumni Awards held in the Spring, the Banner Clubs and Councils Awards in the Fall, and the Distinguished Alumni Fellows in the Winter. Questions regarding the alumni awards program can be directed to Alumni Awards.
View the 2015 Award Recipients.
- The Distinguished Alumni Fellow Award is the premier alumni honor awarded by the University of Pittsburgh
- The Bill Baierl Distinguished Alumni Service Award recognizes the volunteer service of a Pitt alumnus/alumna who has shown dedication to the University and his or her community.
- The Volunteer Excellence Award recognizes individuals who have enriched the life of the University of Pittsburgh through their volunteer efforts.
- The Ivan and Mary Novick Award for Young Alumni Leadership recognizes the activities of our younger alumni and provides a travel stipend for the recipient to attend the award presentation.
- The "ROC" Spirit Award recognizes the individual for their outstanding enthusiasm, loyalty, pride and spirit in support of the University of Pittsburgh. The Spirit Award is named in honor of ROC, the University's beloved Panther Mascot who demonstrates these qualities and characteristics while representing the University each and every day of the year.